Sunday, April 5, 2009

Theory Two, Arguement Two

After finding two lines to support my second theory, I made an attempt to find more lines that could prove my theory. It gets harder and harder to find lines that that can prove this theory since it is vaguely described in the song. As stated by Tupac in the first verse, "Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face, Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place." This line can interfere with my first theory. It could possibly mean that he loves his mother so much, or it could mean that he now appreciates her but possibly at one time he was going through rough situations which made him feel different towards his mother. In the first verse, I also found a line which is quite interesting to interpret. Tupac says, "I shed tears with my baby sister, Over the years we was poorer than the other little kids." It seems that at one point in time during his life, him and his siter were going through rough times. Maybe it was because of their mother or father, or the fact that that they were so poor that they could not afford to live nicely. Either way it kind of seems obvious that Tupac did not have good childhood life. The most interesting line of the verse however, has to be this one. "When things went wrong we'd blame mama." They might have thought it was necessary to blame everything on their mother because of how she was not able to take of them properly. Overall, this verse was very interesting and full of good lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment