Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Theory Two, Arguement One

Although its obvious that this song is about Tupac's appreciation for his mother, it might be possible that the song also has another meaning behind it. After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that maybe this song is about Tupac's personal family issues. There are plenty of lines that purport to show that Tupac was possibly going through some issues with his mom and dad at the moment. For example, as stated in the first verse of the song, "When I was young me and my mama had beef, Seventeen years old kicked out on the streets". This says something about an action he may have done wrong. Whatever the action may have been, it ultimately caused his mom to kick him out of the house. This may have been the start of his family problems. Asides from possibly having problems with his mom, it seems like he also had problems with his dad. Also right at the beginning of the second verse, Tupac mentions, "No love from my daddy cause the coward wasn't there. He passed away and I didn't cry, cause my angerwouldn't let me feel for a stranger." These words are very deep coming from anyone. But then again, how can he feel pain for someone he barely knew? Because he did not have a father for most of his life, he most likely diverted to other people who would show him love and appreciation.

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea for your second theory. I think that it supports your first theory also. I feel that this song is talking about some of his family issues that he has been dealing with for his whole life. Maybe while dealing with these issues he felt anger with his mother for how his life was at the moment. But maybe this song thanking his mother is kind of an apology to her for giving her a hard time for some of the things that she couldn't help. This like you said could be a way to show he how he appreciates her now and is thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea too. You suppost it very well. I didn't realize that this song might be about his issues with his mother and father. I think it would help you to write more about his personal feelings for his mother compare to the ones for his mother, in your upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete